Thoughts From Within
Monday, September 8, 2008
Beautiful Christian Sister
I got this from my mom and I really liked what it said.


BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
by Maya Angelou
'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.' When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin'' I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.' When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect, My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it. When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow! Praise the name of Jesus Christ!

Labels: , , ,

Slid down the rainbow at 2:35 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
Where To?
Posts of Note
Verse of the Week
  • "Let us therefore
  • come boldly unto the

    throne of grace,

    that we may obtain

    mercy, and find

    grace to help in

    time of need."

    Hebrews 4:16

Links
  • Home
  • Email me! (I'd like that)
  • My "other" site
  • Aquila - my book I'm writing
  • The Romany Epistles

  • Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory